Friday, September 19, 2008

Sick and Tired

Today I am really sick and tired. I mean I woke up with a sore throat, a tooth ache and runny nose and I could use some more sleep.

Besides being sick and tired, I have felt today like I don't care about anything. I'm definitely having feelings of giving up. (Don't worry, they're not severe giving up feelings...just apathy)

Mark's ex-wife is getting away with more than I ever thought possible. I wish we could just cancel this custody mess, but it's not like a house that we have lost the bid on or a really nice living room suite that just won't fit the room. No! This is a living, breathing child. I know this child. He needs a normal home with well adjusted, normal thinking parents. Instead, he has a whacked out mother and the courts won't do anything about it.

I think today's apathy comes from a place of disbelief that the world, the courts, a mother could be so unfair. We grow up thinking that eventually good always prevails over evil. Not so.

No comments: